The last time I wrote about this topic was in 2010, so that is not valid! Some of the items are the same, believe it or not, like the Rain Design stand.
Many of the add-ons and plugins that I use are free and you might want to investigate for your own use if you don’t already use them.
- Macbook Air 2MHz i7 8GB RAM(upgrading the RAM to 8GB makes all the difference in the world!), Apple wireless keyboard and mighty mouse
- Apple Thuderbolt 27″ monitor
- Rain Design M stand – raises the MB Air to right height to use as 2nd monitor with the Thunderbolt, cools the Mac, and gives me a little space underneath for stuff
- iphone5 (no need for camera) with Speck PixelSkin HD case (love this case – used on older iPhones also and dropped many times bet not a scratch on it)
- iPad mini
- HP OfficejetPro 8500 Wireless
- Evernote (use the paid version for internet version, desktop app and iPad and iPhone app) – Can not stress how great a product this is
- Filezilla (free FTP client)
- Skype (I use the $30 annual version so I can make outgoing calls to clients that don’t use Skype)
- Bluehost – my favorite hosting. Really cheap, but reliable, and you get to talk to someone knowledgeable 24-7 for support. The more I use other services that my clients have, the more I love Bluehost.
- Operating System – Lion
- Adobe Design Premium CS6
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- iContact – Email Marketing
Free Browser Add-ons for Firefox (I use lots of others, but these are more specific to web design):
- Font Finder
- Variety of SEO tools including SEOBook toolbar
Premium Themes to modify:
- Woo Themes addict (also a Woo Affiliated Worker and have been a Beta tester)
- Lots of Levenger Circa items to organize
What do you use? Pls comment with your setup and any suggestions!