Sad, but true – I finally succumbed to the iPad. This is not your normal iPad lovefest review, but it may help you make a decision about purchasing an iPad.
I resisted for a LONG time (at least for me). This started by convincing myself that I really didn’t need an iPad since I like to travel light and was happy with my iPod Touch and MacBook Air. For those who can travel without a computer, the iPad is great, but I need to be able to access corporate VPN, do website work and unfortunately, I need a computer for that.
Once I finally decided to purchase, I found out that it was almost impossible to get one quickly, and had both a good and bad experience, but that is the topic of another blog post ( 🙁 – my first bad experience in my “happy place”).
What I love:
- Video is spectacular
- Words With Friends is so much better than on the iPod Touch
- Web Surfing
What is suprising:
- It is turning out to be a good “at home gadget”
- Really enjoy using when on the ellipical
- The lack of good apps (not using an iPod app at 2x size with lousy resolution).
- iBooks is a very elegant app
What needs improvement:
- Availability of decent cases – supposedly the Apple one is good, but mine has been on order for a couple of weeks, and haven’t received yet.
- Not that much easier to transport than the Macbook Air, with a lot of sacrifice of applications
- Need books at a reasonable price and more selection
What are your thoughts on the iPad?